possible bug in VisibleDatesArea calculation

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I just updated to the current SVN version. For my usage (setting the events manually) there seems to be a bug somewhere in the code that calculates the Max/Min Visible Date. I just can't seem to find it. In my test case the MinVisualDate is after the MaxVisualDate that is calculated in the TimelineBuilder. I hotfixed that by setting the VisibleTimeSpan of the TimelineBand to zero if its negative. That leads to a non visible VisibleDatesArea which is not what I want. As soon as I doubleclick the band the area gets visible again and the highlighting is correct from there on. So this just happens as I initialize the bands.

my old, for this needed patch/report is here:

http://timeline.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5759

As this seems to be a little more complex I would like to create a sample illustrating my usage as well as the bug I have. I would like the example to be added to the current examples as it is something completely different. I'm sure some people would like it as it illustrates a other way of using the control. This also would hopefully help me find that bug as others can take a look at it as well and suggest fixes. How you want me do that? What needs to be done from my side?

I could send you (or attach) a ZIP file with my project but I guess SVN access would be a simpler solution if that's possible? I would commit the small patches for a few needed fixes and a small sample project.

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Sure, you will have access to sources today (site is not working now).

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM

great thx. I'll give it a try tomorrow.