Event Margin?

May 6, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Thanks for the great timeline control!  It is exactly what I needed.  I managed to get things working well in my project but I have a visually annoying issue.  No matter what I set the MaxEventHeight to I always end up with the bottom row of events drawing on top of the timeline band. Please note that the event marker itself is not on the timelineband only the teaser box (or whatever it is called).  In fact even that would be okay if the "more button" wasn't there.  Any ideas on how to prevent items from drawing over the band?

Thanks!

Brian

May 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM
Can you please include image of the issue and if possible sample solution (in issue tracker).
May 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I found my problem - I wasn't setting the MaxEventHeight property correctly.  I thought it would limit the size of the item but instead it just specifies how big the limit "might" be.  Now things are working correctly.

I do have a new question though - is there an example of the code to make theme changes.  The silverlight timeline for instances has a very nice theme to it but I did not see how I could set my own theme except by rebuilding the library.  Is there an easier way that I'm just not seeing?

Thanks,

Brian

May 6, 2010 at 8:45 PM
I suggest you take a look at SilverlightNews project. It references TimelineLibrary and changes all styles/templates, though doesn't require to rebuild the library. Thanks.