Setting an image for all selected TimelineEvents

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I would like to assign an image for all selected TimelineEvents. I know that this must sound strange to you since the events can have images themselves. It can be confusing to see the image in an event change because it was selected.

But I don't have this problem (yet), since my events don't have any images. But it would still be nice to be able to differenciate the events by assigning them a different image. When I have all the image functionality implemented, it will be used to show which group an events belongs to. In that sense it would be feasable to make a different group of events by selecting them and assigning an image or icon to them.

Now I ran into the problem, that on the level of TimelineEvent I don't know which one is selected. That knowledge is in TimelineDisplayEvent, but that is not availalbe in TimelineTray or TimelineBand.

In TimeLineDisplayEvent you have static fields like MoreLinkText and TeaserSize. What if we added another static field string SelectedEventImageUrl? The TimelineBuilder could assign this url to all EventImage of selected events every time he recalculates the event positions.

For those who do not set the SelectedEventImageUrl everything would stay the same.

What do you think?
If you agree, I could implement it and commit the change.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I need to check if this change will break other functionality. Will let you know.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Andrew, did you come to a conclusion yet whether the requested functionality will break other functionality?

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Yes, you can check in your change.