Event width

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I'm trying to get a mix of the default look and the SilverlightNews example. What I'm trying to do is to have the shaded boxes from the SilverlightNews with the Title and the Description in the box (no image and no link), and I want the texts to be truncated if there's not enough space. And I want the event width to reflect event duration, no matter the length of the text.

Using...

TextWrapping="NoWrap" TextTrimming="WordEllipsis"
I can get the text in the box to behave as expected, but I can't get the event box width to be controlled by the event duration.

When I use the default look, the event width is controlled by the real event duration, whereas the SilverlightNews events seems to get their width from the text content. I've tried to set a fixed width on the second column of the EventTemplateRoot grid and this gives me the correct layout of the individual events, i.e. the boxes has the set width and the texts are displayed as much as fit in the available space. But if I do not set a fixed width on that column (e.g. setting "*"), the event is always sized to fit all the text.

Where/how is the event width set? How can I define the event object so that it always is according to event duration and have the text truncate to available width?

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:50 AM
First of all thanks for this great project - its really close to what I need for my project.

Anyway, I pretty much have the same problem as mentioned in the previous post.
I copied and modified SilverLightNews style definitions and everything works pretty nice except for the event width not being influenced by the actual event duration like for the default Layout.

Is there any way to control or bind the event visualization to the actual event duration?
Because as it seems, if i use a custom style, the IsDuration flag of the event is pretty much ignored...