IV Example (Rows Example) how do we get the row name to scroll with the rows?

Developer
Jan 19, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM

In the IV example (I am building from your latest source btw), there are only 4 rows assigned.  You have statically created a textblock label for each row and aligned it with the column containing your timeline control (hydration, etc).  My issue is how can I get the row labels to line up with the timeline, if the timeline has enough rows defined that they can't all be represented without scrolling up/down? In other words, if the user has to scroll the timeline up/down to see all of the rows, how can I get the respective row labels to line up as scrolling occurs?

I can imagine some hacks that puts the row label inline with the timeline, but I would prefer having a separation so the row data does not overlap on the row label and vice versa.  Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Edit: I understand the whole control could be placed in a scroll viewer.  However, I would like the bottom-most bands to always be visible for the purpose of time orientation.

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM

There is a property, CanvasScrollOffset, which should be your starting point. You may need to add property notification (event) when it is changed and then sync with row headers. Try it and let me.

Developer
Jan 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Andrew,

As you suggested, I made the changes.  The example I made creates 21 rows with 1 event per row.  Scrolling is synchronized between the canvas and a scroll viewer with a stack panel and children stack panels which represent the row names.  I found that the only way to get the Row Labels to line up with the event rows was the statically set the StackPanel height's to 40.  In addition, I had to add some margin from the top of the screen to line up the label with the row events - something I think could be done more cleanly.

Do you have an interest in my modified IV example?

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Yes, check in the change to example. Thanks!

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Hi there,

I'm also having this problem with scrolling the row headers with the events - do you have an example of how to do this?

Many thanks