Custom zoom for timeline

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Have just started playing with this excellent control, so forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this.

I'd like to have preset TimeLineWindowSize settings which users can toggle between, maybe using a slider or whatever, say 1 day, 1week, 30 days, 60 days, which would have associated convenient ItemSourceType values. I can change these for the main timeband in my code-behind file, but I can't seem to force a redraw of the "VisibleDaysHighlight" on the other timeband.

Is there a simple way of doing this or do I need to customise the control itself?

Thanks for any advice (and for a great piece of work!)

Ade

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM

To answer my own question, but add a new problem, I finally discovered the "Reload" method, which reformats everything as required! However, I would like to remove my secondary "Days" band when selecting a 30-day window or greater. But despite there being an "AddTimelineBand" method, there doesn't seem to be a corresponding "RemoveTimelineBand".

Have I missed something? Is there any way of collapsing a secondary band?

Thanks again

Ade

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM

OK I just discovered the "Children" property! Pity it doesn't auto extend the elder siblings, but that'll do!

Ade