Different rowOverride for different timebands?

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM

The subject may be slightly misleading, but it's the best I could think of!

If I have many rows in the main timeline band, only the top 5 or so show up in the secondary timeline bands, so even if there are existing events in the main window they maybe don't show up in the other bands because their row number is too large. So if we have say 10 years where there are no events, and the next 10 years where all events occur in rows 10 - 20 and the CurrentDateTime is in the first "empty" period, navigating to a time-window where events exist is difficult because there will be none showing in any timeline band.

It would be really useful (for me at least) to "collapse" all the events into one row for the secondary timeline bands, so to be able to say for all secondary timeline bands something like rowOverride = 3 for all events. This way, even if there are a few years where events only exist in rows 10-20, they would show up in the years band, so making it easy to scroll to "some data".

Is there an easy way to do this maybe?

Thanks.

Ade

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM

This is not supported, but you can easily introduce something like mainRowOverride (for primary timeline band) and use rowOverride for all secondary timeline bands. Let me know if it worked.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Thanks Andrew - will be taking a look at this next week and will let you know.

(You don't have any ideas about highlighting individual columns do you?? I raised this in a separate post. I suspect the style is set in stone when the columns are first created, but I was hoping there may be a back-door into this somewhere!)

This control is an amazing piece of work and I take my hat off to you!

Ade