Use the Control from Silverlight
Starting point to use Silverlight Timeline in your silverlight project is SilverlightClient folder in Source Code. Usage of the control from silverlight includes the following steps:
- Placing TimelineTray with TimelineBand elements to your UserControl
- Specifying required parameters like data urls and control sizes
- Optionally specifying different style for TimelineBand
Below is the description for these steps in more details.
Placing TimelineTray at your UserControl
Add reference to TimelineLibrary
in your silverlight project. Your UserControl should have reference to
, for example:
Next step is to add TimelineTray control with included in it TimelineBand controls.
is root element of your timeline and is inherited from grid. You may have from 1 to N inner
s elements. At least one of your TimelineBands
should be marked as
equals to True
. For more descriptions on other properties of TimelineBand and TimelineTray please see
Use the Control from HTML
section of the documentation.
You can specify data source in 3 ways:
- Using TimelineTray.Urls element from XAML
- Using TimelineTray.ResetEvent method passing xml to it
- Using TimelineTray.ResetEvent method passing list of TimelineEvent objects
The control has many other properties and events which allow high degree of control customization. I'd recommend you investigate source code and examples for more details on them.