Z-index Problem.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:49 AM

I'm still new to the silverlingt and quite familar with it.
I'm building a timeline and would like to add "RED" lines on the timeline which you can see from the pic above.
However, I have problem in Z-index. I have set up the z-index of the "Red" lines but it doesn't show up waht i was expected.
I have googled the solutions and tried all sorts of way to do it. But still failed. It is really borthering me.
I'm wondering if there's any soloution anyone can provide me to solve this difficulty.
Thanks a lot.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Please upload a sample solution with the problem. I will see how we can resolve the issue. Thanx, Andrew.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM

you can attach a solution in issue tracker section.

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Hi Andrewsyrov

I've attach it in issue tracker section, Thanks a lot for willing to help me.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Yes, there is a problem here, because your red line is part of event (so its' ZIndex is the same as for event). I will think how to resolve this.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I see. So is it possible that I can separate the red line from the event but red line will still associate with the event?

Therefore, the red lines will not overlap on the other events but  each red line still will go with its own event.

I draw a pic to show you and hope it'll help.

In the pic, the rea line will be z-index 0 and the other 2 events are z-index 1 and z-index 2.

If possible, can z-index-0 is an object that separate from z-index 1 and z-index 2 but each line (z-index 0 ) will be associated with z-index 1 and z-index 2.

So no matter where z-index 1 moves, z-index 0 will go with it. I hope it helps and if you have any question, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I've just checked in the fix, please help me to verify it.