Bindable?

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Hi there,

looks like a really promising control. It was nearly exactly what I've been looking for for quite some time... Nearly, if only it was bindable to a datasource and updating itself automatically. So sad it's not, or is it?

Well... I urgently need a control that can show me events neatly arranged. Pretty much like a scheduler or like your timeline control and it has to be bindable (have a ItemsSource dependency property). Do you know of any? Unfortunately, as I'm a hobby developer and don't have the money to purchase an extremely expensive package like DevComponents or ComponentOne or similar, it ought to be free of charge.

So, do you know of any?

Thanks a lot!

Hendrik

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM

For ItemsSource, you can implement it yourself (it is just that you need to call DisplayEvents when it is updated). Neatly arranged, is a strange requirement :), you can play with event rows though, this way you can control vertical location of events. But, in general if you hobby developer, try indeed to find similar commercial control with support (timeline controls are, indeed, usually parts of expensive control sets). Though, from feature set, this control probably one of the best (and free).