Resizing the timeline tray

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

First of all thank you for sharing such a nice control, I am a student and I have a 5 month project ahead.

I choose your timeline because it fits well for this project. however I would like to display the timeline band to a specific height,

but every time I re-size the timeline tray, the timeline band and my loaded events become not visible. I have no idea where the

margins that control this are located.

If any one has tips I would really appreciate them.

Regards

Jamil

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Are you using it from sources (if yes, what revision), or from downloads? So, you are saying that when timeline resized disappear from the screen? Looks like a bug. Let me know.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I am not sure which version it is, but I downloaded it on the 9th of jan from this link http://timeline.codeplex.com/ so I think its the latest. Currently I am using Microsoft VS 2010, .net Framework 4.0.  I am resizing then loading thumbnails into the timeline band, for the user interface I would like to only show just the timeline band with the thumbnails. But if I re-size the time line Tray and give it a smaller height, the thumbnail images and the time and dates under the images disappear.  If I can get the TimelineTrayEx to be the same size of the band and its images so it can be embedded easily into the user interface as a timeline of thumbnails with dates.

Maybe Its not a bug and its just because I don't understand how the margin works.  It would be nice if you got any tips.

Thanks

Here is the snippet of my main XAML. 

<local:TimelineTrayEx
                                x:Name="timeLine_Camshots"                      
                                MinDateTime="01/01/2012"
                                MaxDateTime="01/01/2013"
                                CurrentDateTime="1/19/2012"
                                EditMode="false"
                                Margin="0,0,1,0" Height="264"
                                VerticalAlignment="Bottom"
                                Background="Transparent"
                                >
                                <local:TimelineTrayEx.RowDefinitions>
                                <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
                                <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
                            </local:TimelineTrayEx.RowDefinitions>
                                <local:TimelineBandEx                  
                                    IsMainBand="True"                                
                                    ItemSourceType="seconds" TimelineWindowSize="5"
                                    MaxEventHeight="130"                          
                                    FontSize="8"                                   
                                   Grid.Row="0" 

Margin="2,-16,0,-1" Height="277" Grid.RowSpan="2" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="836" Foreground="{x:Null}" />

</local:TimelineTrayEx>

Developer
Feb 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Can you open a bug and attach solution with repro?

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM

OK I will create a Bug asap, with some attached images, because my project is more than 4MB and it would not fit as an attached file.

I have another issue with the timeline events, When I use the   timeLine_Camshots.ClearEvents();   timeLine_Camshots.RefreshEvents(); although the images in the timeline control are cleared, there are always about 5 to 8 images that cannot be deleted from the directory that the images are located. I get an error saying cannot delete file because it is being used by another process. The timeline control does not fully close all references to the files. Is there another function that I should call to release all the references ?

Thanks in advance..