HTML Tags a possibility?

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:36 AM
I have been using the Timeline.net and Simile-Timeline on my websites for a short period now, however I seem to like this Silverlight version a lot more. I am however only having one issue with it, in my popup windows I add HTML tags to build tables and such inside the timeline popup windows... But on this Silverlight version I seem to break the XML... So my questions is, is it possible to create an html table (or other html tags) and save that inside the xml file to be loaded by the control? Because the < or > stuffs up the xml? If so Do you have an example xml file for me to have a look at? Kind regards ./me
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Currently you cannot have html tags in description. Please add work item for this issue, I will think how it can be resolved.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Hi please have a look at the following video, it might help with adding HTML to a silverlight control:
http://www.silverlight.net/learn/videos/all/overlaying-html-and-silverlight-content/

They use a div where they add the HTML in the video. Maybe if you check the XML loaded into the timeline control, and when <HTML> </HTML> if found you can het all the text from the starting and closing bracket of the HTML inside the XML file used by the timeline component, by doing something like this :

(Client Side)
<div id="htmlPlaceholder"> </div>

(Server Side)
htmlPlaceholder.InnerHTML = (the HTML text you extracted from the XML file)

./Gareth

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Yes, I know about it, but we will have to wait till Sl 4 to have something stable.